FEMAC and the Cluster of Agricultural Production Means in Catalonia both take up the challenge to contribute to more sustainable global agriculture. This will help to create a more competitive environment and future for companies and institutions that comprise the cluster, through Innovation, Internationalisation and Cooperation.
FEMAC, the companies and a sustainable agriculture
” Develop and implement projects that combine the capabilities and vision of cluster companies with sustainable solutions for global agriculture”
” B e c a m e a r e f e r e n c e c l u s t e r W o r l d w i d e “
The Catalan Cluster of Agricultural Production Means aims to improve the competitiveness of Catalan firms as well as firms involved in their value chain activities. The Cluster, lead by the Association of Manufacturers and Exporters of Agricultural Machinery in Catalonia, [FEMAC] is based on three main strategic axis :
- COOPERATION: In the same strategic segment and share common competitive challenges
- INNOVATION: In value activities
- INTERNATIONALIZATION: Of commercial business and productive structures
FUTURE EMERGING & MODERN AGRICULTURE IN CATALONIA
Agriculture in the 21st century faces multiple challenges: it has to produce more food and fiber to feed a growing population with a smaller rural labour force, more feedstocks for a potentially huge bioenergy market,adopt more efficient and sustainable production methods and adapt to climate change. After more than one decade, FEMAC has decided to integrate a Smart Specialization Strategy in the Cluster to better respond to complex Agricultural development challenges through the following approaches:
- Rejuvenating the agricultural production means sector through higher value-added activities and new market niches;
- Modernizing by adopting and disseminating new technologies (KETs) like photonics, electronics and GIS & GPS
- Developing new economic activities through radical technological change and breakthrough innovations; and
- Exploiting new forms of innovation such as open and user-led innovation, social innovation and service innovation.