COMMUNITY OF FOOD PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGIES – COTPA
Community of Food Production Technologies is a Community RIS3CAT led by University of Lleida in collaboration with other catalan universities , AGRO companies , and the Cluster FEMAC, to develop intelligent and innovative strategies in their farming sector in Catalonia.
The RIS3CAT is the research and innovation strategy for smart specialization of Catalonia approved by the Government on February 4, 2014.
The RIS3CAT part of Catalonia 2020 (with ECAT 2020), as a roadmap of the Government to revive the economy and reorient the productive sector towards a smarter, more sustainable and more inclusive economic model.
It is divided into four areas of action arising from the four strategic objectives and that combine targeting to mainstreaming:
- Agro-Food Industry
- Chemical Industries, energy and resources
- Industrial Systems
- Design Industry
- Industries of sustainable mobility
- Industries of health and life sciences
- Cultural Industries and based on experience
The RIS3CAT Communities are voluntary groups of companies and agents in the R + D and innovation that drive R & D plans and Innovation of economic transformation in the sectoral fields leaders.
The University of Lleida in collaboration with several Catalan Universities, companies AGRO sector and Cluster FEMAC, are leading an initiative named “Community Food Production Technologies – COTPA”
2. Effective Incorporation of advanced technologies in food production processes.
3. Leading innovation that allows better performance and
4. Sustainability of production processes in a context of activity compatible with balanced rural development