Participation in Feria Alimentos (CUBA) – 5th to 7th June 2016
From 5th to 7th June, FEMAC participated in FERIA ALIMENTOS in La Habana, Cuba, in its first edition. There were and specific exhibition sector focused on equipment and technology for agro-industry where FEMAC were able to represent their companies; Maquinaria Agrícola Sola, Central Agrícola Bovi, Tallers Corbins, Teyme, Argiles, Vigerm and JYMPA.
During the exhibition, Fira de Barcelona organized business meetings with operators in the agro-food sector, and public administrations like the Ministry of Agriculture.
This action is included in the FEMAC’s internationalization priority axis. One of the objectives is to explore new emerging markets and Cuba offered new opportunities. Cuba is:
- A growing marketand a strategic geographic location.
- Political, economic, legal and social stability.
- Diplomatic relationswith 190 countries, member of international and regional organizations.
- Highly qualified labor force.
- Available transport, communications and energy infrastructureswith development and inversion plans.
- High level of public securityand Human Development indexes.
- New law on foreignersto support foreign investment.
- Special Development Zone Mariel(5 selected companies: Mexico, Belgium, Cuba, Spain and Brazil).
- 9 strategic sectors:Agro-food Industry, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Packaging, Renewable Energies (solar), Agriculture, Industry, Electronics, Real Estate and Infrastructure Investment.