The kick-off meeting of The Cluster Excellence Expert Group [CEEG] was held on 20th March 2013 at the ESCA headquarters in Berlin, Germany. 5 current Gold excellent cluster Managers participated in this event where it was signed the Bylaw of this Group, and on one of the gaol was also to provide a frame for all Cluster members for getting in touch physically so that all Managers will have a better understanding for each other and try to work together for supporting and assess ESCA and other Cluster Manager in the in the process to apply for the quality label of European Cluster Excellence Initiative ECEI. During the first year Bernhard Puttinger of ECO WORLD STYRIA Umwelttechnik Cluster Gmbh (Austria) will act as a chair-person of this group, Peter Blach of Offshore Center Danmark will act as a vice chair-person. The positions of chair-person and vice chair-person are foreseen to rotate yearly.
During the meeting six new GOLD labels were approved:
- Mikrosystemtechnik Baden-Württemberg e. V.
- Photonics BW e. V. – Kompetenznetz für Optische Technologien
- Virtual Dimension Center Fellbach – Kompetenzzentrum für virtuelle Realität und Kooperatives Engineering w. V.
- Innovationsnetværket Livsstil – Bolig og Beklædning
- Kunststoffinstitut für die mittelständische Wirtschaft NRW GmbH Lüdenscheid
- Chemie-Cluster Bayern GmbH
During the session of the meeting, Cluster Managers had shared opinions and views on the planned goals of the Group and challenges to highlight the Level of Cluster Management in Europe.
From left to right : Mr. Peter Blach , Mr. Johan P Bang ; Mr. Bernhard Puttinger, Mr. Enric Pedrós, Mrs. Gitta Haupold , Mr. Thomas Lämmer-Gamp and Mr. Helmut Kergel.